Monday, February 1, 2010

Covenants

Mike and I spoke in church yesterday. Mike did so awesome :) We spoke on covenants. I decided to speak specificly on temple covenants and i spoke on making temple covenants, keeping those covenants, living and appreciating them, and then remembering temple covenants. Here are some quotes i shared:
Making temple covenants: "Marriage and family are at the heart of why God sent us to earth. We will receive our exaltation as married people or not at all." Bruce C. Hafen
Keeping temple covenants: "Divorce is not part of the gospel plan. If all mankind would live in strict obedience to the gospel all marriages would be eternal, divorce would be unknown..." Joseph Fielding Smith
Living and appreciating our temple covenants: "An eternal bond doesn't just happen as a result of sealing covenants we make in the temple. How we conduct ourselves in this life will determine what we will be in all eternities to come." Robert D. Hales
Remembering temple covenants: "A periodic review of the covenants we have made with the Lord will help us with our priorities and with balance in our lives. This review will help us see where we need to repent and change our lives to ensure that we are worthy of the promises that accompany our covenants and sacred ordinances. Working out our own salvation requires good planning and deliberate, valiant effort." M. Russell Ballard
If you have not read the book Covenant Hearts by Bruce C. Hafen buy it today!! It is one of my most favorite books ever!

1 comment:

Nana13 said...

So true! I wish we could have been there to hear you speak. I'm sure you BOTH did a fabulous job. What a great example you are of a couple who is keeping and honoring their covenants.
Did I tell you I went and bought 2 more of those books so I could also give them to Jaren & Michelle when the time comes? It really is the best book for married couples and I want to give them a copy like I did for each of you older children. Love you.